As the CEO of Concentric Brain, I must admit that my point of view is anything but unbiased. So, I'm not going to try to tell you why investing in this product will be the best decision you'll make for your business, team, or department - it will be, but that's neither here nor there.
What I would like to do is something that I think anyone who is on a long journey must do every so often: take a moment to pause, reflect, and celebrate the victories.
Ultimately, I'm not totally certain where I'll end up. We've got BHAGs that we're driving towards with both of my companies, but those are a long way off and lots can change between here and there.
But what I can do is take a moment... right now to express my gratitude and acknowledge a few little victories.
I'm so grateful for:
- My mom. She deserves constant recognition for the role she's played over my entire life. She has helped guide me along the way and will swoop in with full-on support as needed.
- My husband. Quite frankly, he's built on the foundation my mother set. We were "high school sweethearts" and will be celebrating 19 years together this summer. As best I can tell, we have been enjoying one another's company for the last 6,781 days. What a thrill it has been. I'm fairly certain I'd be doing none of the things I get to enjoy doing everyday without his support and love.
- My dad. Thanks to his extremely calm demeanor, I think I learned to keep a cool head under virtually all circumstances. This gift is priceless in business.
- My kids. The challenges of having children is REAL. I'm confident the various challenges I've weathered over the past 4-years have made me far more balanced that I would be otherwise.
- Team SAPT. How on earth I have managed to attract the A-Players at SAPT from the beginning, I simply don't know. But they've been believers in my vision and are the most direct reason why Concentric Brain was made a reality. Each and every one of my staff members over the years has had a hand in the continued forward movement of both SAPT and Concentric Brain.
- Friends. Ones I didn't even realize I had. It's amazing the generosity people will show to help you move forward towards a goal.
- In my opinion, discipline, determination, and (self)-education are the three most important factors to determine long-term success. Steve Reed and I have been proving that true to ourselves as we've overcome recent challenges to which weaker lifeforms would submit.
- Reports from our most skeptical Concentric Brain users are coming back with glowing reviews about time savings, organization, and how generally awesome it is to write programs in CB.
- Our new feature enhancements make using CB a freaking breeze! Seriously, GET RID OF SPREADSHEETS. There's no need!
- My other company, Strength & Performance Training (SAPT) is on a crazy tear of growth for the past two-years. Words cannot describe how grateful I am for what SAPT has become for our staff, clients, interns, and partners. Initially, SAPT was an unproven idea that now continues making strides towards my original dream (or what I now know is a BHAG).
- I have recently read some amazing books that are real game changers for both of my books: Good to Great, Scaling Up, Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Bit Profits, Money Master the Game, Hooked - consuming all this high quality information is a real blessing and the completion of each one is a victory.
Thanks to everyone. Really. If you're even reading this - thank you for the support! It means the world to me and all of us at CB.
Okay, time to hit play again.